How Do I Get Started? We all know getting started with Yoga can be intimidating. We all had the thoughts I’m not flexible, I’m not strong, which yoga is best for me? If you feel intimidated, we do offer a beginner class/workshop from time to time where you can learn the basic poses and how a yoga class works. Otherwise it might be best to just jump in with both feet and be open-minded and just take a class that sounds interesting to you. Our teachers will help you ease into the practice and modify where needed.
How Do I Sign Up? Either sign up here online, or please arrive 20 minutes before your first class, allowing time to register, get a tour of the studio, and meet your teacher.
What Do I Wear? Comfortable, breathable clothes that allow you to move freely without limitations.
What Do I Bring? A water bottle, a hand towel, a towel for your mat, and of course your mat. We do offer both for rent and purchase of water bottles, towels and mats.
I’m afraid I’ll Stand Out Because I don’t know what I’m Doing. This is a NO judgement environment. Pure 8 is simply about you on your mat. Yoga is for Everyone!
What Else Should I know?
- The room is HOT, be prepared to sweat and have an intense and exciting class.
- Come to class fully hydrated. Ensure you drink plenty of water throughout the day both before and after class. Be sure to bring a large bottle of water with you or purchase chilled water at the studio.
- Come to class on an empty stomach. Most people find they need to leave at least 2-3 hours between there last meal and class.
- Stay in the studio during class. If an emergency requires you to leave, please exit quietly and retrieve your belongings after class.
- Yoga is a practice as well as a life long process. It’s not Yoga Perfect, It’s Yoga Practice! As long as you give your best effort, you will receive and feel the benefits.
- We recommend practicing 4-5 times per week.
New Student Specials
Specials only for those new to Pure 8